Are you tired of fumbling through connecting to external meetings on Teams? Look no further! In this guide, we'll unveil a simple but often overlooked feature that will make your life easier when attending customer meetings outside of your organization. Say goodbye to the hassle and let's get started!
Connecting via Meeting URL
Connecting to a meeting via URL is a nifty trick that not many users are aware of. Here's a step-by-step breakdown to help you master this skill effortlessly:
- Obtaining the Meeting ID and Passcode When you're invited to a meeting, note down the Meeting ID and Passcode provided in the invitation. You'll need these to connect seamlessly later on.
- Accessing the Calendar In the Teams app, navigate to your Calendar section. You can find it on the left sidebar.
- Joining by Meeting ID Once you're in the Calendar, look for the option to "Join a Meeting." It's usually labelled as "Join by ID" or something similar.
- Entering Meeting DetailsA pop-up window will appear, prompting you to enter the Meeting ID and Passcode. Input the details you obtained earlier.
- Voilà! You're In! Hit the "Join" button, and presto! You've successfully connected to the external meeting.
Pro Tip: Managing Multiple Camera Usage on Ubuntu
Here's an additional pro tip that could come in handy, especially if you're an Ubuntu user juggling multiple meetings simultaneously:
Have you ever experienced issues with your camera not displaying during a Teams meeting after using it in another browser-based meeting? It's a common hiccup, but fear not, we have a workaround:
- Prioritize Camera Usage Before you start a meeting in your Teams app, ensure that no other application is utilizing your camera. This step will prevent conflicts and ensure smooth camera functionality.
- Restart Teams App If you've already used your camera in a browser-based team meeting and plan to join a separate meeting using the Teams app, consider restarting the Teams app before connecting. This step often resolves any camera-related glitches.
Remember, these tips are specifically geared towards Ubuntu users, and the behaviour might vary on other operating systems.
That's it! Armed with these expert tips, you'll now breeze through external meetings and never miss out on an opportunity to shine. Happy collaborating!